- In order to satisfactorily complete the working test requirements, basically the dog works with the handler, quartering the ground to seek, find and flush game, marks and retrieves game, and swims to retrieve game. See the Test Requirements/Judging Guidelines for specific explanations.
- A dog that completes all parts of the test in a creditable manner (i.e. receives at least SATISFACTORY scores in EVERY category) will receive a Working Certificate.
- A dog that completes all parts of the test in a superlative manner (i.e. receives EXCELLENT scores in EVERY category) will receive a Working Certificate Excellent.
- A minimum of three dogs must be entered and present to constitute a valid test. Entries of all flushing spaniels would count toward the three dog requirement.
- Working certificate tests are not competitive events and there should be no ranking or placing of dogs.
Revised and Approved by ESSFTA July 1998