Each year, dogs will be awarded a recognition certificate for earning two or more AKC or ESSFTA titles within an award year. Additionally, a dog will also be awarded a metal medallion for earning titles in three or more qualifying event areas. Only titles earned within an award year will count. The qualifying event areas are: Agility, Breed, Field Trials, Hunt Tests, Obedience, Rally, Tracking, Working Dog Tests, Lure Coursing, and Therapy Dog.
The following criteria applies:
- Only titles earned while an ESSFTA member in good standing will be considered. Application for membership does not constitute membership (please note that there may be a waiting period of up to ninety days to complete the application process).
- If the dog is owned by more than one individual, only one needs to be a member of the ESSFTA.
- The award year is the calendar year, i.e., January 1 through December 31.
- Unless specifically noted, the National Awards Committee will verify titles with AKC records and notify winners directly.
- Any disputes with respect to interpretation or application of the rules will be referred to the Board of Governors for resolution. The Board’s decision will be final.